Amazon Ad

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Home Based Business?

Your home based business can mean savings in many forms. There is no costly commute, you might be able to economize on child care and there is no special business wardrobe necessary. You can even receive your earnings online!

The downside of a work-at-home business? Interruptions can cause delays in the flow of commerce and working in your jammies may have a tendency to mean a lack of accountability.

When you work alone, it's possible that accountability can go by the wayside.

Time is money. There are so many things that could make working at home less than profitable; it's good to look at the realities of doing a home based business plan.

I have implemented some strategies that are working well for me and I'd like to share them with you here:
  • I make sure people understand I am working when I am home. A note posted on the front door keeps would-be visitors apprised of my "business hours".
  • I screen my telephone calls. I can take care of a business call but non-business callers can choose to call at another time or I'llbe happy to return their calls after my "business hours."
  • Television is a no-no during working time.
  • Emailing can be a time thief. For me, time spent with email is a reward for work accomplished at various intervals through the work day.
  • Social Networking-Twitter, Facebook, MySpace and such sites are for social time, not working hours.
  • After breakfast, I make sure I have things organized so I know what we'll have for lunch and dinner and I won't have to take valuable work time to figure out and prepare meals, or make emergency grocery runs.
  • I have an accountability partner to whom I submit my day's intentions and my progress.

If you are considering a home based business opportunity for another stream of income, either on a part time or full time basis, I would heartily encourage you to check out Rapid Cash Marketing . The students in that program are teaming up for accountability in their online successes!

Rapid Cash Marketing

Connie Baum

No comments:

Post a Comment