Amazon Ad

Friday, April 24, 2009

Are YOU Making Money Online?

I think we can all agree that anyone with a computer and an internet connection has received innumerable offers they "can't refuse" to surf cyberspace and make a fortune with this guru, that coach or this system, that program. "All you have to do is sign up, download the information"--you know the drill all too well.

There are many pieces to this puzzle we call internet marketing. It's important to identify all the pieces so you can proceed successfully. If you are intent on making money online in a home based business, you owe it to yourself and those you love to look carefully and objectively at the big picture.

Does the offer you are considering show you how to build a customer list? Do they explain why that's critical? Have they made support available to you if you need help with finding your niche, domain selection, hosting and making One Time Offers? Is someone assigned to help you with Search Engine Optimization, and do you understand why that is an important component to the whole picture? What is your would-be seller offering you in the way of online strategies in order to make money online? What claims, if any, do they make with respect to residual income? Do they mention affiliate marketing and the realities of working as a freelance writer or internetworker?

I was absolutely clueless-naive, if you will-about all these issues when an offer was presented to me. I could see the potential of an online career, but I had no idea there would be pitfalls or what those might entail. There were many meltdowns before I found THE program that met my needs, solved my problems, taught me the BASICS and served as my own personal cheering section.

I would admonish anyone who wants to launch their very own home based business and climb the ladder to success to follow their passion, their instincts, and the advice of people you trust.

There is a perceived sense of urgency about getting into programs, coupled with claims, promises, suggestions and glamour. TAKE YOUR TIME. Don't order the first thing that comes to your Inbox. And don't expect instant results once you get underway.

My own journey into cyberspace is still very much a work in progress. I have learned a great deal and there is more to grasp. Much more important to me, though, is that I am having the time of my life and linking up with talented people from all over the globe. I've made a few bucks and while that was my initial motivation, I have come to realize that it is more gratifying for me to help others along the way than it is to have a check. My own personal passions are people, health, food, people, and helping others. Oh, and did I mention people?

It is my fervent hope that this post has been helpful for you. Your comment would cheer my heart. You are welcome to look at the advertisements on this page if you are in the market for something to launch or boost your effort to make money online.

Connie Baum





No comments:

Post a Comment